BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY HARDBITE POTATO CHIPS FROM TIME TO TIME FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSES SET OUT IN THE POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE. HARDBITE POTATO CHIPS MAY MODIFY THE POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
1. INFORMATION. Hardbite Potato Chips obtains information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
A. General Information. Some information (the “General Information”) is gathered automatically when you access the Website. The General Information (which includes website pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and similar information) does not identify you personally;
B. Personal Information. Some information is not gathered automatically when you access the Website and instead is provided by you voluntarily. Your “personal information” as defined at law, including without limitation, as defined under the Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia, as amended from time to time (the “Act”), means all information about an identifiable individual (the “Personal Information”). Personal Information includes information that can identify an individual (for example, your name, home telephone number, personal mobile telephone number, home address, personal email address, personal fax number, social insurance number, driver’s licence number, physical description, and credit card or other financial information specifically about you). However, Personal Information does not include business “contact information”, which is defined under the Act as information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted for business purposes, such as name, position name or title, business telephone number, business mobile telephone number, business address, business email, or business fax number of an individual.
You must provide Personal Information to Hardbite Potato Chips if you wish to purchase gift cards or other items, or if you wish to receive coupons, newsletters, or other information.
The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information you may choose to provide:
(i) Third Party Information. When you register at a third party website, and provide any Personal Information to such third parties, Hardbite Potato Chips may (pursuant to agreements between Hardbite Potato Chips and those third parties) obtain such information to populate Hardbite Potato Chips registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Website; and
(ii) Email Information. When you send Hardbite Potato Chips email messages or call Hardbite Potato Chips by telephone, Hardbite Potato Chips may retain the content of your email or telephone messages, together with your email address and the response from Hardbite Potato Chips to you;
2. GENERAL USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Hardbite Potato Chips uses and discloses your information as follows:
A. General Information. Hardbite Potato Chips uses and discloses the General Information to understand the Website demographics and content preferences, and shall do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, Hardbite Potato Chips may provide aggregate information about Hardbite Potato Chips’ customers, sales, Website traffic patterns, and related information to affiliates of Hardbite Potato Chips and third parties;
B. Personal Information. As further provided in section 3 of this Policy, Hardbite Potato Chips uses the Personal Information solely for purposes of administering Hardbite Potato Chips’ business activities, providing customer service and making available coupons and other products and services to you and other Hardbite Potato Chips customers and prospective customers, and does not sell or rent this information to any third parties other than those who are administering the Website and mailing lists as agents of Hardbite Potato Chips. This may include focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new products and services, contests, discounts, coupons, special offers, sales, promotions, and other responses to you. Hardbite Potato Chips discloses your Personal Information only as described in section 3 of this Policy. Hardbite Potato Chips may also use Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Website or Hardbite Potato Chips’ business and new Hardbite Potato Chips services and special offers you may find valuable. Hardbite Potato Chips shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care; and
C. Cookie Information. Hardbite Potato Chips uses Cookie Information to improve the Website and better serve you and Hardbite Potato Chips’ other customers, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party.
3. OTHER USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Hardbite Potato Chips may use and disclose your information when legally compelled to do so, or when Hardbite Potato Chips, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of Hardbite Potato Chips’ legal rights or those of a third party. Hardbite Potato Chips shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care, and Hardbite Potato Chips does not otherwise use or disclose your Personal Information except as follows:
(i) Hardbite Potato Chips may use your Personal Information and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in the course of providing services to you; (b) to law enforcement; (c) to a representative of a payment verification service, financial institution or credit card company only when you have authorized such disclosure; or (d) to third party service providers, such as administrators of Hardbite Potato Chips’ mailing list;
(ii) Hardbite Potato Chips may use and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, amalgamation, or reorganization of Hardbite Potato Chips; (b) when Hardbite Potato Chips believes it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hardbite Potato Chips or other persons; or (c) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Hardbite Potato Chips;
(iii) Hardbite Potato Chips may use and disclose your Personal Information to notify you about changes to the Website or Hardbite Potato Chips’ business, or new Hardbite Potato Chips products, services, and special offers you may find valuable; and
(iv) Any Personal Information you provide may also be collected by Hardbite Potato Chips’ merchandise and service suppliers in order to process, bill, and fulfill your orders.
HARDBITE POTATO CHIPS DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
4. SECURITY STANDARDS. The security of your Personal Information is important to Hardbite Potato Chips. Hardbite Potato Chips is committed to adopting and maintaining appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to protect against any loss or theft, as well as, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, or disclosure. Hardbite Potato Chips encrypts certain Personal Information using secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other technology. Hardbite Potato Chips exercises care in the secure transmission of your Personal Information; however, no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet is 100% secure. You understand and agree that perfect security does not exist anywhere, and you will therefore protect your Personal Information in a reasonable way at all times. Hardbite Potato Chips is unable to guarantee that Personal Information collected, used, or disclosed through the medium of the Internet cannot be intercepted by third parties. If you have any questions about security of your Personal Information or the security on the Website, you can send Hardbite Potato Chips an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. OPT OUT. If you have so agreed on the Website, you may receive marketing messages and materials from Hardbite Potato Chips, including without limitation, a “welcome” email and subsequent newsletters and other emails. If you do not wish to receive such messages or materials, you may notify Hardbite Potato Chips of your preference by following the instructions included in each communication, by emailing Hardbite Potato Chips at email@example.com, by contacting Hardbite Potato Chips at 1.604.465.7751, or by regular mail at: Hardbite Potato Chips Customer Service c/o Unit #1, 20110-115A Avenue, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada V2X 0Z4.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. The Website is not intended for the use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18). Hardbite Potato Chips does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any information from children.
7. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you would like to review your Personal Information, contact Hardbite Potato Chips at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.604.465.7751. If you need to make changes to, but not purge, your Personal Information, you may do so by mail sent to Hardbite Potato Chips Customer Service c/o Unit #1, 20110-115A Avenue, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada V2X 0Z4. You hereby agree that Hardbite Potato Chips may use and disclose any suggestions, ideas, concepts, or information (other than your Personal Information) that you provide to Hardbite Potato Chips regarding this Policy, Hardbite Potato Chips’ business or any other matter, without obligation to you or any third party.
8. MERCHANT SERVICES. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Website, or via hyperlinks, banner ads, or “click-throughs” from the Website, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, the “Merchant Services”). You understand and agree that your access to or use of the Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and Hardbite Potato Chips shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
9. ASSIGNMENT. Hardbite Potato Chips may assign this Policy, in whole or in part, to any third party without notice to or permission from you or any third party.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property of Hardbite Potato Chips on the Website, including without limitation, the trade and business name “HARDBITE POTATO CHIPS” and the Hardbite Potato Chips logo are trade-marks of Hardbite Potato Chips, and are the sole and exclusive property of Hardbite Potato Chips, and may not be used without the prior written permission of Hardbite Potato Chips.
If you have any questions or comments about Hardbite Potato Chips or this Policy, you may contact Hardbite Potato Chips at:
Hardbite Potato Chips
c/o Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd
4945 184 Street